Smiling Through Chaos LOVES them!
And they are "approved" for every single one of our clients with the exception of those who have major digestive issues to start with. Don't worry, we will get there ;)
This meal, super delicious and nutritious (Yes, I use that phrase a lot!), consists of mostly vegetables with some added protein and fat added in (Did I say the F word? This F word is not a bad word!).
I like to make recipes SUPER easy for you, without a lot of "exacts" with measurements and room for flexibility.
- Carrots sweet potato mash: literally just organic whole carrots and 3 different types of sweet potatoes boiled and then mashed with just 1 tb (approximately - no need to measure for the exact amount) of Earth Bound Coconut Spread
- Steamed organic purple cabbage and cauliflower
- Organic purple cabbage and organic green cabbage chopped and added to a pan with a drizzle of coconut oil and about a 1/4 of a block of sheep cheese, broken into pieces, on "medium" on the stove top. Add white pepper and a few sprinkles of kelp granules.
- Once it starts to cook and you mix it up, add some (about 1/4 inch high) chicken bone broth (I love the Bare Bones brand.) and stir again a few minutes later. The veggies will soak up most of the liquid, and you'll know it's done when the veggies seem cooked and the cheese is spreadable.
- Oven at 385 degrees, spray pan with coconut oil spray and place washed organic tri-color whole carrots on pan. Cut up a few red and yellow peppers to add onto the pan as well. Sprinkle turmeric and kelp granules. You can add black or white pepper as well if you'd like. Cook until your fork can easily cut the carrots in half.
You can make the steamed veggies and potato mash in advance, and then make the other veggies another day. It has to make sense for YOU and your lifestyle.
Try it and leave your comments below! Enjoy and get ready to feel super energized and healthy!