Smiling Through Chaos 3 "Cheese" Lasagna
I haven't eaten "real" pizza since I tried it in high school. The time before that was in 3rd grade. No matter what I did to tell myself I could eat it, my body was saying a big NO, and I couldn't force it. But there is nothing I like more than a cheese and tomato sauce concoction. Well, besides ice cream, but let's stay focused ;)
I made this 3 "Cheese" Lasagna in hopes it would allow me (and my clients) to forget that there is actually no real CHEESE involved. The dish is not super complicated, and I hope you enjoy! Try it out and comment below!
- no-sugar-added tomato sauce
- brown rice lasagna noodles
- dairy-free ricotta cheese (Tofutti makes a good one)
- dark red kidney beans in a bag
- 1 organic red pepper
- fresh spinach
- dairy-free mozzarella cheese sprinkles (I like Daiya)
- dairy-free cheddar cheese slices (Daiya again)
- spices: chipotle pepper, chili powder, parsley, white pepper, black pepper, and red pepper flakes
Pour no-sugar-added tomato sauce as the base layer in a glass pan. Add a lot of spinach, then cheddar dairy-free slices of cheese (3 total for the pan). Add one layer of gluten-free brown rice lasagna (after boiling for about 10 minutes). Add dairy-free ricotta cheese, then dark red kidney beans (drain from the bag (not can) and chopped organic red pepper, Layer a few more pieces of lasagna pasta, add some sprinkled dairy-free mozzarella cheese, and finally spicy spices. Then bake on 375 until crispy!